Click on the reference number to see the overview of the whole collection or use the 'Back' button on the browser to return to the previous screen.

Ref No AD1546
Title
Liskeard Grammar School
Date
c1890-c2002
Format
Various formats
Extent
16 small boxes, 2 volumes, 2 outsize items
Description
Records relating to Liskeard Grammar School collected by Mr J W Lingard, (headmaster of Liskeard Grammar School, 1951-1976). The collection includes yearly school diaries, head's speeches and reports, pupil records, school magazines, photographs and correspondence, newspaper cuttings and other associated papers and reflects the personal interest of Mr Lingard.
Admin History
A school was founded on a site on Castle Hill, Liskeard, in 1550 and was later maintained by the Earls of St Germans, but closed around 1834 due to financial difficulties and a decline in numbers. From around 1835 to 1908 a series of private schools and academies existed in the borough and in 1908 the County School, built by Cornwall Education Committee, was opened at Old Road, Liskeard. In 1945 the County School changed its name to Liskeard Grammar School and in 1978 it became part of Liskeard Comprehensive School.

Click here for printer-friendly version of page.

Powered by DServe